This recipe I've played with and it's pretty good, but you may need to adjust it to your own taste depending on how you like your Yorkshires!
5oz plain flour
200ml of fresh milk
2 large eggs
½ tea spn of baking powder (optional)
Pinch of salt (optional)
· Sift the flour into a bowl
· Stir in the salt and baking powder
· Whisk milk and egg, and stir in to the dry mix slowly.
· Grease an oven proof dish and heat until very hot
· Pour into oven proof dish and cook in a pre-heated oven at 220°c for 15/20 minutes.
This mixture does not need to rest so can be done as the meat is in its last half hour of cooking, also makes a great "toad in the Hole", just partly cook the sausages in the oven and pour the mixture over the sausages and wait until golden!
- The Ginger Hobbit
- Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
- “If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien ~ "I love to cook, to create platefuls of happiness, I find that there is no greater complement to a chef than silence while people are eating my food, it shows their enjoyment more that any complement words could express!" - The Ginger Hobbit.