This recipe I've played with and it’s pretty good, but you may need to adjust it to your own taste depending on how you like your pancakes!
5oz plain flour
1½ tea spn Baking Powder
300ml of fresh milk
1 large egg
Pinch of salt (optional)
2 tbl spn melted butter
- Sift the flour into a bowl
- Stir in the salt and baking powder
- Whisk in the milk and egg to the dry mix slowly.
- Heat frying pan until hot with a dash of oil.
- Pour mix into the pan, enough to cover base
- Let go golden, lift up edges with spatula and flip
- Repeat until mix all used
This mixture does not need to rest so can be done as required, I dust each pancake with fine sugar to prevent the stack from sticking, then dish up with the topping of your choice... syrup, cream, fruit or lemon juice!